LBI CUP 2021
This is a Contest for Heaviest Combined (2) Striped Bass. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.
1. All vessels registered in the Tournament, and all participants, are consenting to hold harmless the Beach Haven Marlin & Tuna Club (hereinafter, the Club) and it’s members and affiliates from any and all liability. The decision to leave dock and fish is solely the responsibility of the Captain and crew.
2. Registration is by vessel, not by angler.
3. All vessels must have a Representative attend the Captains Meeting Scheduled for 7:00pm Friday, November 19th, 2021 If any rule changes are made at the Captain’s meeting it is the sole responsibility of the Vessel to have a Representative in attendance to make note of such change. Do not expect the Tournament Directors to contact you.
4. Fishing hours are between 9:00pm Friday, November 19th, 2020, and 3:00pm Saturday, November 20th, 2021 (Eastern Daylight Time, as measured by GPS). No lines of any kind are permitted in the water until the 9:00pm starting time. Fishing ends at 3PM, unless vessel is hooked up prior to 3PM. It is advised that if any vessel is fighting a fish approaching 3PM that they try to reach another boat in Tournament on cell phone or preferably VHF.
5. All IGFA rules for fishing and tackle will apply with the exception of wire line, snag hooks, umbrella rigs, and mojo rigs (which are permitted).
6. This is a Contest for the top 3 heaviest Combined Weight of (2) Striped Bass. Boats are only eligible for one Tournament Prize per boat. (Calcutta monies are unrestricted) If there is a tie for 1st place in the cash category, the tie splits 1st and 2nd place money. If there is a tie for 2nd place in the cash category,
the tie splits the 2nd and 3rd place money. If there is a tie for third place in the cash category, the tie splits 3rd place money.
7. Each boat can weigh in only 3 fish. Boats are welcome to use other club scales for estimation purposes but for the LBI Cup purposes Weigh masters will only accept 3 fish per boat to be weighed in. The only weight that officially counts is the 1 weight as determined by the Weigh Master.
8. The captain and crew of a boat with mechanical problems may be allowed to transfer boats to a new vessel and fish under the name of the originally registered boat, if expressly permitted to do so by the Tournament Directors. Any such transfers must include all anglers/contestants from vessel. No splitting of crews in event transfer necessary due to mechanical issues. The Tournament Committee must approve ALL such transfers before they occur.
9. If a boat breaks down and needs assistance, any other vessel can help stranded vessel, such as by offering tools, mechanical help, or towing. No fish can be transferred in between vessels. Any such transfers would disqualify both Vessels.
10. Unsportsmanlike behavior or misconduct or any anything deemed inappropriate by the Tournament Directors will be grounds for disqualification.
11. If there are any protests they must be registered with Tournament Directors by 6PM. Directors will have sole discretion to settle any protests or rules violations. Their decisions are final and not subject to
12. All fish eligible for cash prizes may be subject to examination by Tournament judges and/or
consulting biologists should there be any question about the freshness of the catch. It is the responsibility of the participant to keep all eligible catches in suitable and proper condition until weigh-in. All fish weighed in will be retained for the fish fry.
13. Northern Boundary is Manasquan Inlet and Southern Boundary is Absecon Inlet. Additionally, Boats are not permitted over the 3 mile line as displayed by GPS’s. Going over the 3 mile line or outside of
boundaries are not permitted and will result in disqualification.
14. All Fish must be caught and landed by boat registered in contest.
15. All Federal and State Fish laws must be followed.
16. Four (4) anglers per boat with entrance fee. Additional anglers $50 per person. Maximum 6 anglers per boat.
17. Any additional person(s) onboard ( Captain, Observers, etc ) must register at $50 per person….No free riding, all persons on fishing vessel must be registered. Failure to register anyone on vessel will result in boat being Disqualified.
18. Weigh-in time at BHMTC is 3:00 to 5:00 pm, Saturday, November 20th-2021. Final weigh-in is 5:00 pm November 20th-2021. If you are at the club by 5:00pm you have made the cut off. NO ALIBIS OR EXCUSES.
19. All fish must be weigh-in by boat on which fish caught or by car.
20. Prize money will be paid to the boat.
21. Awards will be presented after 8:00 pm on Saturday, November 20th-2021
Fees $200 per boat for all applicants through. All entries must be in by 8 PM sharp, November 19th-2021 at the Captain’s meeting, which will be held at the BHM&TC clubhouse (next to Morrison’s Marina at the end of Pennsylvania Avenue).
Scoring is by weight of the Combined (2) Striped Bass per boat. Winners of prizes will be the registered owner of the boat not Angler.
Prizes will be awarded following this event to the boat with the heaviest Combined (2) Striped Bass.
• 1st PLACE $1500 PRIZE TO BE GIVEN ON THE HEAVIEST WEIGHT OF Combined (2) Striped Bass
• 2nd PLACE $1000 PRIZE TO BE GIVEN ON THE 2nd HEAVIEST WEIGHT OF (2) COMBINED STRIPED BASS
• 3rd PLACE $500 TO BE GIVEN ON THE 3rd HEAVIEST WEIGHT OF (2) COMBINDE STRIPED BASS